Following on from our Interactive Fixture guide to the Premier League, we’ve once again combined bookmaker odds and the proportion of points each team won at home in the league last season using a simple algorithm to rank each Championship team’s fixtures by difficulty. We’ve then ranked and categorised these using the key at the bottom to highlight relatively easy and difficult runs of games.
If you hover over any of the circles it’ll show who the game is against, the date it’s being played, whether it’s home or away and what the result was in the equivalent fixture last season.
- Bournemouth are the only side to get their 5 toughest matches out of the way in 2013, which could see them build some serious momentum in the latter half of the season. Millwall also have a relatively easy start, with only one of their 15 most difficult matches among their opening 10, so starting with 3 defeats doesn’t bode well.
- Nottingham Forest’s perfect start is about to come under serious threat as they face 2 of their toughest 5 matches consecutively – albeit with a much gentler run thereafter. Their performance over the next few games will give a truer sense of their promotion credentials.
- Barnsley, Birmingham and Millwall were predicted to struggle this season and all have tough-looking finishes to their respective campaigns. They’ll need to ensure they have racked up sufficient points before the season run-in to ensure safety.
- While Blackburn fans should expect to enjoy the festive period, Reading have a horrible Christmas and New Year.
- Aside from a tough trip to Reading, Middlesbrough have a very gentle run-in, with 3 very winnable games in their last 4.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):